It is recommended that you have your HVAC system maintained twice a year. Once in the spring to check the AC and once in the fall to check the heating. The Air Doctor allows customers to select an energy savings agreement that fits their budget and HVAC maintenance needs. Here are a few benefits of having an HVAC maintenance contract.
- 1. Longevity. Just like your vehicle, the better you care for your HVAC system, the longer it will last. When you sign up for an energy savings agreement, one of our highly qualified technicians will come to your home twice a year to perform the maintenance on your system.
- 2. Lower the chances of costly repairs. Having regular maintenance will help catch smaller problems before they become bigger and more costly problems. For example, a customer who does not have yearly maintenance may not know a small crack in their heat exchanger. This small crack allows carbon monoxide to leak into the home which slowly poisons the air the family breaths. Exposure to carbon monoxide can make you sick and can even be lethal. A customer who has yearly maintenance will have their heating system checked every fall and things like a cracked heat exchanger can be caught and dealt with before it becomes a bigger problem.
- 3. Higher efficiency. Did you know that a dirty HVAC unit runs 20% harder than a well-maintained unit? A clean regularly maintained unit will run more efficiently which leads us to the fourth benefit.
- 4. Lower utility bills. Heating and cooling typically make up about 40% of your home’s energy use. A well-maintained unit runs more efficiently and uses less energy This saves energy and lowers your utility bill.
- 5. Improved Indoor Air Quality. As condensation forms on the coils and inside the HVAC unit, this creates a prime environment for the growth of mold, bacteria, duct, and dirt. Keeping your unit clean will help prevent air from cycling through the system and spreading mold, bacteria, dust, and dirt into your breathable air.
- 6. Priority service. When you sign up for an energy savings agreement with The Air Doctor, you receive priority service when it comes to scheduling.
- 7. Discounts. Customers that sign up for an energy savings agreement with The Air Doctor also receive a discount on repairs for the contracted year!
As you can see, there are many benefits of having an HVAC maintenance contract. Contact The Air Doctor today and let our experts help you chose the best energy savings agreement for your home and or business.